26 March 2009

First day with my new PT


My new fab friend Ebba Bucht (super fit, tall, former model and runs House of Dagmar) introduced me to Magnus Lygdbäck, one of the top personal trainers in Stockholm. In the past 2 month, with my relocation, too many goodbye parties and drinks, etc, I’ve managed to gain about 5 lbs (I don’t actually ever weigh myself except at the doctor’s office so this is just a guess based on how my clothing is fitting me). Magnus is putting me on a strict 1 month program starting today. I will be blogging about my experience on a weekly basis and will keep you posted on my progress. This will hopefully keep me accountable!
My goal: get more toned and have more energy.
Day 1:
I just landed yesterday morning on a redeye flight from NYC. I was there for about 10 days, picking up my Swedish VISA... I knew that I was starting this program this week so last week I indulged in too many amazing dinners at Babbo, Morimoto, Freeman’s, Lure, Armani Ristorante (just opened in the new Armani flagship store on 5th and 56th, it’s amazing architecturally, click here to see pictures), secret sushi place in Tribeca hidden in a Italian restaurant and a few too many beers on Saint Patrick’s Day at The Perfect Pint. Last night I was totally jetlagged and couldn’t fall asleep until 1am… I was not excited about waking up at 6:30am for a 7am personal training session!
Prior to training: I ran out of time and grabbed a LÄRABAR (my favorite healthy bar made of 100% natural ingredients). This one was pistachios, dates and cashews. We’ve come a long way since those nasty Powerbars. But I recently discovered http://www.youbars.com/ a website that allows you to create your own bar, name it and they’ll ship it to you. You can add all these super foods like gogi berries, flaxseeds, etc. One bar costs about $3 and a case of 13 bars about $39. I don’t think they ship to Sweden yet though…

Today’s session:

  • 6 minute warm-up on the rowing machine. I recently read that Halle Barry gets her amazing back from doing the rowing machines regularly.

  • 3 super sets of cardio; 40 step lunges, 6 quick sprints, 1 minute alternating hops using a step board).

  • 3 super sets of leg and arm power exercises using the resistance band/exetube (go to and you can order the exetube here by clicking on tools and then strength). Seriously the best and most versatile tool you can have and travel with
  • 2 sets of 20 (on each side) side arm raises with a dumbbell in push up position and 15 abs raises.

How I feel after this session: totally exhausted but strangely energized!
Magnus is going to the Canary Islands and then skiing for 10 day… But he gave me program to follow. I’ll blogging about my progress so stay tuned!

Digg StumbleUpon Facebook Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment